The Covid-19 situation is terrible in so many ways. The loss of life, freedom, and the incredible amount of debt being accrued to name a few. One positive thing about it, however, is that awareness has sharply risen on the importance of having local manufacturing and supply chains. This represents a historic opportunity to re-align some of our national priorities around manufacturing capabilities, supply chain and workforce. It can also accelerate our recovery and future economic stability while better preparing us for other globally disruptive events such as pandemics.
Carol Roth recently gave me the opportunity to make the case for re-shoring manufacturing here in the USA on the Roth Effect Podcast. Please listen and share to help raise awareness around this important topic.
The direct output figures are from a slide provided by the Grow Manufacturing Initiative:
Other resources related to this podcast:
- Spark R&D Shift to PPE (Montana Masks)
- Sacramento Valley Manufacturing Initiative
- Manufacturing Advocates Interview of San Joaquin Valley Manufacturing Alliance (3/2017)
- Manufacturing Advocates Podcast Interview of SME Ceo Jeff Krause (5/2017)
- Manufacturing Advocates Podcast Interview of Bill Gaines (10/2016)